Whether you're looking for a beautiful and unique Charleston Christmas event or a romantic candlelit experience, this event is for you. You don't need to know all things classical music to enjoy the evening of magical ambiance, simply unplug and savor the music you'll hear.
Held in specially selected venues in comfortable idyllic settings so you can soar with classical music in a relaxed but awe inspiring atmosphere bathed by the flicker of over a thousand candlelights. Prepare to soar into the clouds! This concert series is coming to the South Carolina Society Hall, a historical venue of purpose and elegance located on the Charleston peninsula, just a block away from the historical rainbow row.
Performances by Candlelight Orchestra
After traveling around the world in cities like Edinburgh, London, Kotor, Montenegro and Vancouver, BC, the experience of Candlelight Orchestra has finally made its way to Charleston! The concerts feature the classical romantics and seasonal favorites.
With over a thousand flickering candles illuminating the performers, the Candlelight Orchestra concerts present a collection of Christmas classical music over the course of 60 mesmerizing minutes.
Note: For the safety of our audience, all of the candlelight ambiance is provided through flameless candles.
- Dates and times: December 19th. 2021, various times (5pm, 6:30pm, 8pm - select during purchase).
- Duration: 65 minutes. Doors open 1 hour prior to the start time. Late entry is not permitted.
- Venue: South Carolina Society Hall, 72 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC
- Age requirement: 10 years old or older. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Accessibility: This venue is ADA compliant
- View the FAQs for this event here
- Your safety is Candlelight Orchestra's priority. You can read the safety measures for this event here.
- Zone A (premium visibility) $55
- Zone B (good visibility) $45
Seating in each zone is assigned on a first come first served basis.
The Candlelight Orchestra series takes place on December 19, 2021 with three available seatings to choose from (5pm, 6:30pm, 8pm). Each seating is a 65-minute performance for an easy fit—into your Christmas dinner plans. Doors will open an hour prior to each show—beverages will be available in the reception salon prior to each seating.
This Christmas concert is being held in a stunning Charleston historic venue, The Society Hall—a perfect setting for this magical experience.
Candlelight Orchestra audiences have called the experience “mesmerizing, transcendent and stimulating to the senses” and that “the performers were angelic!” Candlelight Orchestra is a unique intimate occasion unlike any other that you will not want to miss as one of your things to do in Charleston for the Christmas holidays.
- A spirited ambience bathed in magical candlelight
- Talented string musicians performing classical & contemporary Christmas Holiday music from Strauss to Canyon.
- Stunning architectural intimacy awash in a parade of intimate candlelight.
- A safe event, ensuring you are comfortable and at ease.
The Christmas Song
It’s Beginning To Look A lot Like Christmas
I’ll Be Home For Christmas
O’ Holy Night
The Christmas Waltz
Mary Did You Know
There’s No Place Like Home For The Holidays
The Most Wonderful Time of The Year
All Performances By Candlelight Orchestra
The wildly popular Candlelight Orchestra series is heading to Charleston! Whether you’re looking for a sensory unique classical music performance or a beautiful candlelit experience, this performance is for you. You don’t need to know all things classical music to enjoy the evening, simply sit back and savor the stunning pieces you’ll hear. Now held in venues with a comfortable setting so you can enjoy classical music in a laid back yet classy atmosphere while the surroundings flicker by candlelight. Prepare to be mesmerized with these most treasured classics as one of your Christmas activities in Charleston in 2021!
- Elizabeth M - “By far, the most unique experience! We were carried away from all the pessimism.”
- Thomas P - “Talented musicians in a gorgeous atmosphere, what more could you ask for?”
- Carrie S - “Loved the music, it was a positive disruption. So sweet and inspiring in an atmosphere of light and peace.”