10 Reasons There’s No Place Like Charleston for the Holidays
Have you ever spent the holidays with sand beneath your toes, pumpkin bread pudding on your plate, or enjoying the sounds of African American Spirituals? There’s simply no place like Charleston for the holidays! Scroll on to discover 10 reasons why we love spending Christmas in Charleston, then share your favorite holiday tradition in the comments below.
1. Charleston’s historic homes deck the halls with historically accurate seasonal décor dating back to the 1800s.
2. Charleston’s award-winning restaurants put a seasonal twist on classic Charleston cuisine. Pumpkin bread pudding, please!
3. Sandmen and sandy toes trump snowmen and a frostbitten nose.
4. Piazzas are adorned in beautiful seasonal décor.
5. Two million lights shimmer brightly during the Annual Holiday Festival of Lights, a three-mile driving tour accompanied by a holiday scavenger hunt and magical surprises along the way.
6. Mild temps allow for enjoyable holiday walking tours downtown, during which you’ll spot tastefully decorated Antebellum mansions and wrought-iron gates.
7. A fully operational replica of the famous Venice Simplon-Orient-Express luxury train comes to life every year for a grand holiday display at Belmond Charleston Place Hotel.
8. During the holiday season, Drayton Hall presents the rare opportunity to experience the music of traditional spirituals during their African American Spirituals Concerts. This year, tune in virtually!
9. An ode to the destination’s ideal coastal locale, a parade of festive boats sails through Charleston Harbor every year.
10. Decorated hotel lobbies, hot toddies and cozy fires await when you check into Charleston for the holidays.
Make this holiday season memorable and spend Christmas in Charleston.