Top 5 Reasons to Attend SEWE: Through the Eyes of an Artist
“My painting technique challenges the eye to complete details that are sometimes implied. I prefer to make my own discoveries as I work through the finishing stages to achieve the desired finished statement and to establish an effective viewing distance for each work of art.” – Ezra Tucker
We are thrilled to introduce you to the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition’s (SEWE) 2017 Featured Artist, Memphis, Tennessee native Ezra Tucker. Tucker’s interest in art began in grade school and was quickly recognized by his instructors. After attending the Memphis College of Art, he began his art career in the field of illustration when he was recruited by Hallmark! While at Hallmark, Tucker began freelance work and found himself making the move to Los Angeles. His career has since evolved into a full-time job as a wildlife artist. Scroll on to learn more fun facts about Tucker and discover the top 5 reasons to attend SEWE through the eyes of an artist.
TOP 5 REASONS TO ATTEND SEWE:
1. Have the opportunity to #ExploreCharleston, the ideal backdrop for the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition.
2. Meet and mingle with a uniquely gifted and diverse group of artists and sportsmen.
3. Enjoy a drink while strolling through a remarkable gallery of wildlife art.
4. Peer into an artist’s life by observing quick draw and speed sculpt demonstrations – one hour non-stop art action!
5. Find inspiration in 2017 SEWE Featured Artist Ezra Tucker’s largest body of work including more than 30 paintings.
5 FUN FACTS ABOUT THE FEATURED ARTIST:
1. Some of Tucker’s most noted works include paintings of “Smokey the Bear” for the National Park Service, the Budweiser Clydesdales and an illustrated novel for Lucas Films, LTD. titled Star Wars: Dark Forces – Rebel Agent.
2. Tucker lives on three acres in a pine forest 8,000 feet above sea level.
3. Tucker and his wife, Nancy (a fellow artist and illustrator), met at Hallmark!
4. He has called Memphis, Tennessee, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California and Monument, Colorado home.
5. Tucker’s first trip to Charleston was to exhibit at SEWE in 2015.