Why watch the biggest names in women’s professional tennis vie for one of the most coveted trophies on television when you can take in the action from a courtside seat at the Volvo Car Stadium on Daniel Island? Scroll on to discover 7 reasons why you can’t miss the Volvo Car Open, then join us this April in Charleston!
1. It’s the largest women’s only tennis tournament in North America, and the first women’s event to be broadcast on network television! From Chris Evert to Sloane Stephens, the Volvo Car Open has set the stage for women in sports.
2. You’ll find fun for the whole family. Throughout the week, fans will be entertained with a variety of events. Grab the kids and join in the fun of Family Weekend (imagine magicians, trampolines and live dance performances). Free general admission tickets are offered all week to kids ages 15 and under!
3. It’s the perfect excuse for a Girlfriend Getaway. Traveling to Charleston with the gals? Cheer on world-class women on the court while enjoying a day of shopping and wine and cheese tastings.
4. You’ll see the stars! Keep an eye out for Grand Slam champion Simona Halep.
5. Really, you’ll see the stars! Grammy award-winning artist Jennifer Nettles will perform at the Volvo Car Open this year on Saturday, April 11! Tickets begin at $50 and can be purchased here.
6. Adventure awaits! From an 8 AM walk on the beach to an 8 PM reservation to sip Southern spirits, you’ll have endless opportunities to explore all that the Lowcountry has to offer.
7. Charleston tastes as good as it looks. Worked up an appetite from all of the excitement? From finger-licking good buttermilk fried chicken to fresh-from-the-dock soft-shell crab, we know just how to satisfy your taste buds (and fuel you up for another match!).
What are you waiting for? Lace up your tennis shoes and join in the action in Charleston!