Game, Set, Match: 7 Reasons You Can’t Miss the Volvo Car Open
Why watch the biggest names in women’s professional tennis vie for one of the most coveted trophies on television when you can take in the action from a courtside seat at the Volvo Car Stadium on Daniel Island? Scroll on to discover 7 reasons why you can’t miss the Volvo Car Open, then join us this April in Charleston!
1. It’s the largest women’s only tennis tournament in North America, and the first women’s event to be broadcast on network television! From Chris Evert to Sloane Stephens, the Volvo Car Open has set the stage for women in sports.
2. You’ll find fun for the whole family. Throughout the week, fans will be entertained with a variety of events. Grab the kids and join in the fun of Family Weekend (imagine magicians, trampolines and live dance performances). Free general admission tickets are offered all week to kids ages 15 and under!
4. You’ll see the stars! Keep an eye out for Venus Williams, who will be joining World No. 7 Madison Keys, Olympic Gold Medalist Monica Puig and former World No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki in the player field.
5. Two words: PowerShares Series. This one-night only competitive tennis circuit will showcase world-renowned champions including Jim Courier, John McEnroe, Andy Roddick and Mark Philippoussis.
7. Charleston tastes as good as it looks. Worked up an appetite from all of the excitement? From finger-licking good buttermilk fried chicken to fresh-from-the-dock soft-shell crab, we know just how to satisfy your taste buds (and fuel you up for another match!).
What are you waiting for? Lace up your tennis shoes and join in the action in Charleston!