5 Tips for an Instagram-Worthy Tablescape
Whether you’re toasting to your new engagement, or savoring heirloom recipes while celebrating your first Christmas as husband and wife, gathering around the holiday table with family and friends is a treasured Lowcountry tradition.
For inspiration, we turned to Charleston-based expert event planner Tara Guérard of Tara Guérard Soirée for her top tips on setting an Instagram-worthy tablescape, Charleston style. Scroll on for décor inspiration!
- Find pillar candles with a seasonal fragrance to set a festive mood. Keep the candles away from the dining room so the scent does not overwhelm the food!
- Little details make a world of difference. Cut sprigs from your tree garland to tie on gifts, napkins and at the base of candlesticks.
- Make your own place cards. Pin a paper name tag to an orange, pear or apple and set on each place setting.
- Celebrate with music. You can’t go wrong with “A Charlie Brown Christmas” soundtrack!
- For an eclectic and layered tabletop, add pottery, porcelain and glassware in the same color palette. White is always a winner.
What is your favorite holiday tradition? Make this season memorable and join us this #ChristmasInCharleston.