If you’re looking to learn about the Holy City’s haunted history, look no further than Bulldog Tours. Join one of Charleston’s premier walking tour companies for the opportunity to explore beyond the graveyard gate, hear spooky accounts of spirits during a behind-the-scenes tour of the Old City Jail and uncover the haunted truth about one of the oldest cities in America. Scroll on for 5 haunted historic facts about Charleston via Bulldog Tours.
- Charleston is considered one of the most haunted destinations in America.
- Charleston’s Old City Jail once housed South Carolina’s first female serial killer.
- The Old Exchange Building & Provost Dungeon once imprisoned Revolutionary War soldiers.
- Charleston has the largest collection of pre-Revolutionary slate tombstones in the United States.
- The Powder Magazine, built in 1713 and considered the oldest building in Charleston, is reputedly haunted by the ghost of a notorious female pirate.
Want to learn more eerie legends? Experience the chills of Charleston during Bulldog Tours‘ Haunted Arsenal Tour, where you’ll be granted after-hours access into The Powder Magazine, reportedly haunted by numerous infamous ghosts.