Pay Like A Kid Play Like A KidFor Immediate Release, July 2008
Staycation with the South Carolina Aquarium
Charleston, S.C. — July 31, 2008 — Enjoy the last month of summer with the South Carolina Aquarium’s Staycation promotion, Pay Like A Kid, Play Like A Kid. During the entire month of August South Carolina residents can enjoy all the fun and excitement of the Aquarium with a one-time only flat rate of $10 children’s admission, plus free parking for the first hour in the Aquarium Garage. This exciting opportunity is open to South Carolina residents of all ages.
With Pay Like A Kid, Play Like A Kid, visitors can enjoy a variety of new experiences during their staycation at the Aquarium:
· Shark week, going on now through Sunday, August 3. Discover the truth about sharks and sit in on shark themed educational shows and interactive activities. Test your shark talent in the special interactive game show, Shark Bytes.
· Opening August 16, take a first glimpse at the new children’s experience, the Something’s Fishy Kid Zone. Climb aboard the kid’s only discovery boat, check out the new shark cage and set sail on an adventure of fun and learning.
· Join us on August 16, for a Super Saturday experience, Last Day to Play! Featuring interactive fun and new play areas, plus a special appearance by Nickelodeon’s Patrick from SpongeBob SquarePants.
· Become an Aquarium Collector with Ollie’s Trading Post! Explore your natural environment and collect a cool natural artifact or beach find such as fossils, shark teeth, shells, rocks and more. Learn more about your artifact and download the O’Fishal Trading Post Collector Record from http://www.scaquarium.org/kids/fun.html. Bring your artifact and record into to the Aquarium to interact with Educators and earn points towards trading out your artifact for one in the Aquarium’s collection. The more you learn, the more points you earn! Ollie’s Trading Post is open weekly, Thursday and Friday from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
· Enjoy Camp Carolina, a major new exhibit which opened March of this year. Explore the wilderness of the mountains in a whole new way – Barn owls, skunks, freshwater fish, snakes and even a bald eagle are on hand for this adventure in nature.
Grab the family and join us for one last day of fun before school starts! For more information on Pay Like a Kid, Play Like A Kid, or the many new experiences opening in August visit scaquarium.org or call (843) 577-FISH (3474).
For all media inquiries, please contact Beth Nathan at (843) 579-8660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the South Carolina Aquarium:
The South Carolina Aquarium, Charleston’s most visited attraction, features thousands of amazing aquatic animals from river otters and sharks to loggerhead turtles in more than 60 exhibits representing the rich biodiversity of South Carolina from the mountains to the sea. Dedicated to promoting education and conservation, the Aquarium also presents fabulous views of Charleston harbor and interactive exhibits and programs for visitors of all ages.
The South Carolina Aquarium, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, is open Monday - Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. (last ticket sold at 5 p.m.) from April 1 to August 15 and is open Monday – Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. (last ticket sold at 4 p.m.) from August 16 to March 31. The Aquarium is closed Thanksgiving Day, half day Dec. 24 (open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and Dec. 25. Admission prices are: Children 1 and under (free); Youth 2-11 ($10); Adults ($17); Seniors 62+ ($16). Military, senior, college and group discounts are available. For more information call 843.720.1990 or visit www.scaquarium.org <http://www.scaquarium.org> . Memberships are available by calling 843.577.FISH.