Charleston, South Carolina, To Launch Virtual Advent CalendarFor Immediate Release, December 2012
CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA, TO LAUNCH VIRTUAL ADVENT CALENDAR
Destination Will Offer 24 Days of Deals Starting December 1
CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA (November 15, 2012) — From free made-by-hand biscuits to complimentary cups of She Crab soup, the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is sharing 24 special offers during the month of December via the virtual advent calendar posted to www.christmasincharleston.com.
Starting December 1, a different time-sensitive deal will be revealed daily at 12:01 a.m. Every post will include information on that day’s deal, the duration of the deal and the unique code or coupon required to redeem the deal.
New for 2012, the Christmas in Charleston online advent calendar showcases Made in Charleston products, Lowcountry-inspired gifts and unique opportunities from local businesses. The schedule of specific deal reveals is a secret; however, a sample of the deals that will appear between December 1 - 24 include:
- free pound of peanuts with every order of a Deluxe Lee Bros. Boil-Your-Own peanuts kit, as seen in The New York Times and W.
- free sample six-pack of biscuits with every order of Callie’s Biscuits, as seen in Food & Wine, The New York Times, Real Simple, Saveur, Vanity Fair and on the Today Show and on the Oprah Show, among others.
- free lip gloss with every order from the Peninsula Collection, a new luxury lip gloss line that features five shades inspired by and named for distinctively Charleston places.
- 10% off the price of Wonder Works’ junior joggling board, the curious Charleston contraption that captivates children with its bouncy wooden rockers.
- free shipping on orders of Charleston Mix, the bloody mary mix named Garden & Gun 2011 Made in the South Award-winner in the food category.
- free cup of She Crab soup with purchase of entrée at 82 Queen, as seen in Southern Living.
- 10% off all purchases at Hampden Clothing, the contemporary boutique on King Street that has appeared in Vogue and Marie Claire.
In addition to the new advent calendar, the Christmas in Charleston site features holiday lodging packages and a calendar of seasonal events. Some of the nation’s most historic homes and plantations are located in Charleston, and they set the stage for centuries-rich traditions—from African American praise house spirituals concerts to tables laden with sugared fruits and sweetmeats—during the holiday season.
# # #
The mission of the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is to unify and lead the local travel industry in marketing the Charleston area as an individual, meeting, incentive and group destination to both the domestic and international markets. For more information, visit explorecharleston.com.
EDITOR’S NOTE: High-resolution photography of the Charleston area may be requested via explorecharleston.com/media.