Sales and Media LeadsInterested in booking a group at your hotel, servicing an already-booked group, or hosting a travel writer? Travel Council members have direct access to the latest confidential Group Sales Leads via the Simpleview extranet.
Sales Leads / Service RequestsAll available leads for associations, corporate meetings, tours and travel, weddings, and sports are now able to be viewed via Simpleview Extranet. Please login here:http://extranet.charleston.simpleviewcrm.com/login/index.cfm
If you have questions regarding your log in information, please contact Annie McEwen, Director of Membership Programs, at email@example.com. If you would like training on how to use Simpleview please reference the following documents:
Simpleview Extranet Login Training (PDF)
Overview for Simpleview Extranet Training (PDF)
CRM Instructions (PDF)
Responding to Simpleview Sales Leads (PDF)
Responding to Service Requests (PDF)
Convention Center CalendarMeetings, tradeshows and events booked at the Charleston Area Convention Center are included in this calendar. This is useful information for members to know the number of convention delegates visiting the area.
View the Convention Center Calendar
When responding to group sales leads, remember these important tips:
- Keep responses short and to the point! Let the client know that you learned of their need through the CACVB. Always provide all of your contact information including your phone number, email address and a link to your web site.
- Be sure your response is appropriate to the group planner's requests and interests. Be sure to respect any special requests made by the planner.
- Most leads will have a specific date when proposals are due. Be sure to respond promptly and prior to the deadline. Take note of when the actual event will occur. A planner with a short-term meeting will certainly be making decisions faster than one who is planning for several years in the future! In most cases, a meeting planner who is just beginning their search for an event location will only want to hear from hotels.
- Creativity is key! The Charleston area has many charms and treasures that make our region unique. Take advantage of these assets and propose a memorable activity or event that the group would unable to experience in any other destination.
- Follow up! If you tell a planner that you will contact them during a particular period, be sure to do so. Punctuality, attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through are all qualities a meeting planner is looking for in suppliers. Be ahead of the game by exhibiting those qualities from the onset!
- Proposals for large leads, appropriate for the Charleston Area Convention Center, are collected by the CACVB so that they may be compiled into a special bid presentation. Individual hotel properties should not contact the event planner directly, but rather, contact Bobby Pilch, CACVB Sales Manager.