Pet Fest 2017
The cat’s out of the bag – Pet Fest is back in March! Charleston County Parks invites pets, their owners, and those in search of a new pet to a full weekend of exhibits, demonstrations, experts, entertainment, and more. The Lowcountry’s premier pet festival, Pet Fest, is back on Saturday, March 18 and Sunday, March 19 at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park.
Pet Fest provides an opportunity for local pet-related organizations and businesses to showcase their causes, products and services in a fun, animal-friendly environment. Leashed pets are welcome with their owners! Or, come to the festival in search of your new best friend from area rescue groups, who will have adoptable animals on site. The festival runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
Pet Fest Entertainment and Contests:
· Live music from 2-4 p.m. by Dave Landeo on Saturday, and Return of the Mac on Sunday
· K9s in Flight Frisbee Dogs (11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. daily). Try it for $10 donation
· Lowcountry Dog Magazine’s Cover Model Contest
· Charleston Kennel Club’s “Meet the Breed” Family Dog Show (Sunday, 12:30 p.m.)
· STARR (Search, Tactics, And Rescue/Recover) Team Demonstrations
· Pet Contests – Best Trick, Owner Pet Look-Alike, Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, Best Dog Costume (times will be posted on-site)
Plus more to see and do at Pet Fest 2017:
· Swift Paws Lure Chasing – let your dog race on a lure course for a $10 donation
· Veterinarians, trainers, groomers and pet suppliers
· Nutrition, education and training tents
· Rescue groups and adoption centers with adoptable animals
· Children’s activities, including jump castles
· Food, beverages and beer for sale
· Canine Good Citizens Test and the Canine Community Test – see if your dog is ready for certification (Saturday only)!
· Dog washing station (with a $5 donation)
Pet Fest attendees who adopt a pet from the Charleston Animal Society at the event will receive an individual annual park pass to one of Charleston County Parks (value $30). To view adoptable pets at the Charleston Animal Society, visit CharlestonAnimalSociety.org.
Admission to Pet Fest is $8 per day. Admission is discounted to $5 per person with pet food or supply donation to the Charleston Animal Society (at the park gate). Kids 12 and under, Gold Pass Holders and pets are free. Dogs must remain leashed throughout the event. Carpooling to Palmetto Islands County Park is encouraged.
Pet Fest is brought to you by Coca-Cola, Charleston Animal Society and your Charleston County Parks. For more information call 843-795-4386 or visit CharlestonCountyParks.com/PetFest.
For a list of events and additional information, please visit the website listed above.